NFTE Fellowship Program: Introduction
The Citi Foundation and NFTE are pleased to announce that the application window is officially open for the NFTE Fellowship Program (NFP). Together, NFTE and Citi have created this program to provide NFTE alumni with a pathway to meaningful and paid work experience. The NFP is an exciting opportunity for a cohort of NFTE alumni to be involved in the development and implementation of NFTE’s 2018 summer programing.
One NFTE alum will be selected per program office for a placement as a Fellow at their local program office. Fellows will meet and collaborate with other passionate NFTE alumni from around the country and local Citi business units over the summer. Additional Fellow responsibilities will include project management, program logistics, and opportunities to mentor current NFTE students as they progress through Citi summer programs. This is a wonderful opportunity for motivated NFTE alumni to receive professional development training, leadership training, and participate in a 4-day NFTE Alumni Leadership Summit in New York City. The NFP will reinforce the skills fellows have learned as NFTE students.
Citi Entrepreneurship Fellowship Program: Benefits
Stipend: Fellows will receive a wage of $15/hour for being a participant of CFEFP. (Max total award is $4,500.) Payment will begin after the summit, once Fellows begin working with their program office.
Leadership Summit: Each fellow will receive an all-expenses paid trip to NYC for NFTE CFEFP Summit. The Summit will take place June 11th, 2017 – June 14th, 2018.
Collaboration: Fellows will participate in national cohort networking opportunities to facilitate learning and collaboration.
Professional Growth: Fellows will receive professional and leadership development facilitated by NFTE and Citi Foundation.
Community Service: CFEFP gives fellows the opportunity to give back to the NFTE community by mentoring current NFTE students.
Citi Entrepreneurship Fellowship Program: Role & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing NFTE summer programming project management and implementation support.
- Actively mentoring and coaching current NFTE students during summer programs.
- Capturing NFTE summer program activities through photography, videography, and written accounts.
- Completing research projects on behalf of local offices, headquarters, and Citi Foundation.
- Participating in community-building activities as assigned by local NFTE program office.
- Participating in professional development and networking opportunities facilitated by Citi Foundation.
- Additional duties as assigned by local NFTE office.
Applicants can expect to work up to 37.5 hours per week with their program office.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-24 on June 1st, 2018.
- Applicants must be a graduate of a core NFTE program (in-school program or BizCamp).
- Applicants must be available for:
- The 4-day Summit in New York City (+ travel day): 6/10-6/14
- The full 8-week internship period following the Summit: 6/18-8/10. (If there is a conflict, accommodations will only be considered on a case-by-case basis—you may inquire with your regional program office.)
- Applicants must submit their entire application by 5pm EST on Friday, April 27th, 2018, which includes:
- A complete online application (at rebrand.ly/CitiFellows-Apply), which includes:
- Basic personal and NFTE-program information Responses to short-answer prompts
- Reference information
- Your resume (to firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE: You will not be able to save this application and return to it later to submit, so it is recommended that you look over the questions in advance of starting to fill out the application (especially the short-answer prompts and reference questions).
Tip: Have all of your responses prepared in a digital text document in advance so that you can copy+paste those responses and submit your entire application in one sitting.
For your reference, the short-answer prompts and reference questions that you must enter into the online application are shown below:
300-word limit for each response.
Tell us about your experience participating in a NFTE program—what is your biggest takeaway from the NFTE program?
Why are you interested in becoming a Citi Entrepreneurship Fellow? What do you hope to gain from this experience?
What challenges have you had to overcome in order for you to make it to where you are today?
- Reference's name
- Reference's potion/title and business/organization • Reference's relationship to you
- Reference's email address
- Reference's phone number
Deadline: 5:00 PM EST on Friday, April 27th 2018
Application URL: rebrand.ly/CitiFellows-Apply