Under the Education Pathway, ABP offers a six-week paid, full-time summer fellowship held in select JPMorgan Chase & Co. offices. The Advancing Black Pathways Fellowship Program aims to introduce talented and motivated under represented college sophomores, in particular Black students, to financial education and to the financial profession. The ideal candidate is interested in the financial industry and strengthening their business acumen.
This opportunity will expose students to hands-on experience, mentorship, and a project-based curriculum, designed to help build a pathway to future opportunities. The Fellowship Program is committed to providing early professional development to students from communities underrepresented in the financial industry. During the Program, participants will also have the ability to experience a deep dive into one of JPMC’s firm-wide function tracks:
- Asset & Wealth Management – providing institutions and individual high net worth clients with innovative strategies and solutions to achieve their investment goals.
- Commercial Banking - Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries – providing traditional banking solutions and investment banking products to clients with revenues of over $500MM.
- Commercial Banking - Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries* – supporting and providing customized, comprehensive solutions to mid-sized corporations in various industries ranging from $20MM to $500MM in revenue, municipalities, and not-for-profit entities.
- Commercial Banking - Commercial Real Estate* – offering best-in-class financial solutions to clients across all major real estate asset types: multifamily, retail, office, and industrial properties.
- Corporate & Investment Bank – from raising capital to restructuring, helping large companies, governments and institutions to achieve their strategic goals.
- Corporate Strategy & General Management – developing sound business practices and solutions for the firm and our clients including finance, audit, human resources, project and process management.
- Software Engineering – building technology solutions and applications that impact millions of customers and businesses worldwide.
* ABP Fellows aligned to the Commercial Real Estate track in NYC and ABP Fellows aligned to the Commercial Banking track in the Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries business in Dallas will be part of a new opportunity where they will participate in an incremental 2-3 week project-based experience with an external partner company to round-out their ABP Fellowship program, for a total of 8-9 weeks.
There are different location options based on the track you select. Please note potential placement could include any of our offices within the city’s metropolitan area.
Successful completion of the Fellowship Program can lead to an offer for one of JPMC’s summer internships the following year.
This role is a pipeline to our summer programs, which is not eligible for employer immigration sponsorship. If you will require employer immigration sponsorship now or after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of this program.
Ideal candidates for the program are creative, innovative team players with problem solving, planning and organizational skills and a strong interest in developing professional skills for future opportunities in financial services. Additional requirements include:
- Sophomore standing (expected grad date Dec 2022 - Summer 2023)
- Preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Attend college/university in the U.S.
- All majors considered
- Demonstrates a significant time commitment to campus involvement, community service work, and/or related leadership activity
- Software Engineering Specific:
- Computer Science and/or engineering majors are preferred, while other majors may be considered
About the process
To be considered for the ABP Fellowship Program, you must complete the following steps:
- By December 20th, 2020 – Click ‘Register’ and submit your registration for the ABP Fellowship Program. You will have the opportunity to select your track and location preferences.
- By December 20th , 2020 – Using the links provided above, submit an application to the track preference(s) you selected on this registration form. You will also receive an email after your registration is complete where the application links will also be provided.
- By January 3rd, 2021 – Deadline to complete HireVue (details below).
*Note that you MUST complete all 3 steps for your application to be considered.
Please ensure your candidate profile and all attachments are complete before submitting your applications, as you will not be able to add attachments after you submit your applications.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume are way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
You will receive an email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers. Please remember to check your spam mail box often so you don't miss out on communications from us.
The HireVue is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed your HireVue video interview. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.