Internship at American Youth Policy Forum
Internships at AYPF are paid and are substantive in nature, and interns are integral members of our team. For the foreseeable future, the internships will be remote.
Interns are expected to engage in a variety of activities, including researching and analyzing data, writing fact sheets and summaries, and planning and helping to execute online events, including roundtables and webinars. AYPF offers a variety of professional development opportunities, including participation in policy discussions and opportunities to learn about best practices in education and youth policy. In addition to working directly with our staff, interns benefit from ample opportunities to interact with our national network of leading researchers, practitioners, and policymakers by participating in online meetings and events.
AYPF is accepting applications for:
Research and Policy Interns (Spring & Summer 2021)
- Work with program staff to collect data for briefing papers, fact sheets, and publications.
- Track and analyze effective youth policies and practices in states and districts.
- Research promising practices to help identify potential programs to highlight in publications, webinars, forums, and study tours.
- Additional support as needed.
- Position requires an extremely organized, highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and self-confident individual who can work effectively and independently.
- Candidates should have strong writing, research, and communication skills.
- Author and co-author blog posts, articles, fact sheets, and other written materials.
- Experience using MS Office is a plus.
- AYPF seeks undergraduate and graduate student interns with an interest in and commitment to improving the lives of youth.
- An understanding of education policy and a commitment to the mission and goals of AYPF.
- Ability to work at least 20 hours per week.
To be considered for the summer 2021 internship, please send a resume, writing sample, list of references and cover letter to Christine Veney, Director of Finance and Administration at email@example.com.
Please specify the title of the internship and period you are applying for in the subject line and include your last name in the title of your resume document.
Our application process is rolling, and candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we cannot respond to inquiries individually.