Milken Motsepe Innovation Prize
Teams have until December 8, 2021 to register and submit designs and business models. An independent panel of expert judges will select up to 25 teams to each receive $10,000 to develop small-scale prototypes over the ensuing six months. In the final round, teams will demonstrate their entries in field tests which will be evaluated by their ability to:
- Increase net economic value to the farmer
- Increase productivity at harvest and/or decrease post-harvest loss
- Reduce costs for farmers
- Provide a viable and sustainable business model
- Be implemented by small and medium-sized farms
- Develop or integrate innovative technologies
The judges will award a $1 million Grand Prize, with additional prize money distributed among Second and Third Place winners, a prize for the most creative use of Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies and a People’s Choice Prize.
Registration is free, and in addition to the prize money, teams will benefit from access to networking, training, and other resources. To register for the prize, or to learn more, visit www.milkenmotsepeprize.org.